What exactly is antivirus anyway?
If you are puzzled by any of the sometimes whimsical word choice, or concerned by the seriousness of the problems they describe; if you don’t know that a computer virus is a kind of malware, that a zombie computer is part of a botnet, that being smished is sort of like being phished but not quite, then we have just the glossary for you.
We’ve crafted a rogue’s glossary defining the terms that dot the cyber landscape. Ideally, you should make sure you understand each, but, more importantly, you should be sure you know how to avoid being the victim of any of these— whether a virus or other malware, you can be in for a big headache and sometimes a very costly one too.
So, to get you started in the maddening lexicon of computer mishaps, here’s a list we expect to expand, not only with more of the current terminology, but with new words as they are added to the malware list.
Think your computer might be a zombie?
FOR HOME & HOME OFFICE
TREND MICRO MAXIMUM SECURITY
Advanced multiple device protection and privacy for your digital life
- Protects against viruses
- Blocks dangerous websites
- Guards against identity theft
- Provides safe search results
- Safeguards children online
- Manages your online privacy
- Safeguards sensitive files
- Optimizes performance with System Tuner
- Includes 5 GB of cloud storage
- Includes Android mobile device security